WHAT ARE COOKIES? Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the user’s terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the site at the next visit by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the functions of cookies may be required by other technologies. In this document, the term ‘cookie’ refers to both cookies, properly speaking, and to all similar technologies.
Using cookies it is possible to record information relating to your preferences, such as the pages you browse or the download of files from our. site or other similar to do by browsing our site.
FIRST OR THIRD PARTY COOKIES Cookies can be first or third party, where “first party” means cookies developed by the owner of the site, while “third party” means cookies developed by third parties with respect to Owner of the site.
NATURE OF COOKIES Regarding the nature of cookies, there are different types:
Technical cookies Cookies are those used for the sole purpose of transmitting a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of a specific information society service requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service “(see Article 122, paragraph 1, of the Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the website owner or manager. can be divided into:
- navigation or session cookies, which allows you to access the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate for restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site;
- analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, in order to improve site performance;
- functionality cookies, which allow the selected user to browse according to a series of criteria (for example, the language, the products to purchase) in order to improve the service provided. Users’ consent is not required for the installation of these cookies (more information in the paragraph on Managing cookies below).
Profiling cookies Profiling cookies are designed to create profiles relating to the user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences of the user in the context of surfing the net.
The consent of the interested party is required for the use of profiling cookies. According to the provision n. 229 of 8 May 2014 the user must be able to authorize or deny consent to the installation of profiling cookies if they are present.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control of the individual cookies and cannot control them (it cannot install them directly or delete them). However, you can manage these cookies through your browser settings (follow the instructions below), or the ones indicated in the “Cookie management” section.
The User is therefore invited to check the following indicator on the website of the third party.
COOKIES INSTALLED ON THIS SITE Here is the list of cookies on the site:
DURATION OF COOKIES Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiration date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
- temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, allow you to connect the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
- permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, such as the login name and password, in order to avoid the user having to type them again each time they visit a specific site. These remain stored on the computer even after closing the browser.
The so-called Session cookies, once the connection to this website is terminated, are not stored. The computer systems used for this site use temporary cookies and permanent cookies.
COOKIE MANAGEMENT You can disable cookies on websites by downloading special software such as Ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com) for your browser and disabling the use of individual cookies. Or you can activate the “anonymous browsing” mode – this is a function that allows you to browse without leaving a trace of the browsing data in the browser. This function only allows you not to keep browsing data in the browser.
Alternatively, you can disable / delete cookies by accessing the configuration panel of your browser.
ACCEPTANCE AND WAIVER OF COOKIES